Do you ever wish you had someone else’s life? Or were more like someone else? That you could be confident, sexy, strong, healthy, care-free, successful, creative, happy?
Have you been working your whole life to get there? Or have you concluded that you never can? Or are you scared to reallyyyyy try?
Well I am here to tell you, you can do or be anything you want to be.
And all that’s required to get you started, is a small tweak in your reality.
Today, I have a really fun new juicy trick to help you get there. SERIOUSLY. So fun and heart opening and, “Ahhhh…. This is what it’s like”.
But First, let’s talk about your current reality…
Now, I consider myself an expert on manipulating and traveling realities.
No, I do not go around stepping on butterflies through the use of black holes and my TARDIS.
Here’s what I mean:
We each have our own reality that we “live” in. Our reality is made up of the thoughts, ideas, perceptions, and points of view about this world and everything in it.
How the world works. How people work. How we work. How money works. How society works. Whats possible. And what we think about all that.
People who have different points of view than you, see things differently, and live in a different reality. It’s not a wrong reality, or a right reality. It’s just what they are choosing, and the universe is supporting that. Just as it is supporting you in your beliefs about your reality.
We actually perceive different people’s realities all the time. Have you ever said or heard someone say, “What planet are they on?” or ,“That’s not the way the world works”. Yes it is. For them.
We see people living in different realities on a larger scale too: opposing political parties, different religions, opposing activists, different social classes, etc.
And the people on each end of the spectrum, cannot understand how the people on the other end can have the points of view that they do.
So what do I mean when I say I’m an expert?
Here’s the short version:
Since I was little, I remember playing with my own perceptions in order to experience things differently.
It all started when I was very little, imaging I had no finger tips…. Squint your eyes.
Then, as I entered my teens, becoming more self-aware and self-conscious, I started to try to imagine how other people perceived me.
I began squinting at my handwriting, myself in the mirror, my room, my car. How do other people see this, see me, from the outside? Really, I was kind of neurotic about it for years.
When I was 19, I read The Secret (a book about how the universe supports us in attracting what we focus on). As suggested in the book, I started to use my reality manipulation to fight off colds.
When I would first start to feel ill, I would imagine how my body would feel if it were totally healthy. Which is hard, because a lot of times when we’re sick we just want to give in, lay on the couch, eat chicken-noodle soup and popsicles, and have an excuse to binge-watch Netflix.
But if I REALLLLLYYYY didn’t want to be sick, I would close my eyes, take an energetic deep breath (because I probably couldn’t actually breathe all that well), and pull up the sensations of being healthy in my body — how my sinuses felt, my head, my chest.
Imagining this for just a few minutes really made me feel a lot better. And I found that with regular use, I could prevent or recover much more quickly.
My reality-traveling progressed over time to understand the way other people perceived situations, themselves, their reality.
And more recently, I’ve discovered how potent tweaking my own reality can be in changing how I feel about myself and my capacities.
First, we start with a fear, judgement, or frustration you have about yourself.
Here are some of mine:
- I love yoga but I keep aggravating old injuries. I just want to feel strong and flexible!
- Ugh. I do NOT want to feed myself or the animals. I do not have time for this, but I’m so hangry!!! (So hungry you’re angry).
- What if people think I am stupid, or unworthy, or crazy for creating this?
- What if I fail?
- Why am I so uninspired and uncreative right now? I feel so unworthy.
- I hate my house. Why can’t I ever get rid of this clutter? Ugh. There’s no way to make this space work.
Now, this next part is so much fun to play with.
For each complaint, ask, “How would I feel if (insert desired feeling)”?
Here is what I ask to counter balance my complaints above:
- What would my body feel like if it were strong, flexible, happy? My shoulders soften, I relax, and suddenly have amazing strength and confidence.
- What would it be like if it were a joy to feed my animals? How would it feel if cooking for myself was joyful, fun, and a pleasure? My heart opens, I get a smile on my face, and make an amazing meal for myself and my fuzzies.
- How would it feel if I were totally confident? Cue flow of inspiration and confidence.
- What would it feel like if I persevered and pulled this off spectacularly? Pep talk begins: I can do this. I can do this. It would be crazy and a totally new reality. But I can totally do this.
- What would if be like if I were totally inspired and creative right now? What would I be doing? Fun and lightness commences.
- What would it feel like if I loved and appreciated my home? What would it feel like if it were clean and clear of clutter, and only filled with things I love? Sudden burst of inspiration to clean and declutter commences; OR a level peace and acceptance.
When the energy of that comes up, when you can imagine it, pull it into your body. Sit with it. Become it, with every cell of your body.
Our outer world is a reflection of our inner reality.
To create something without, we must first create it within. And to change anything, we must first change ourselves.
Practicing feeling the way you want to feel really helps to shift your mood and perspective, and therefore your reality and what’s possible for you to create, receive, and be in the world.
The more you practice, the more often you will begin to feel this way naturally, and the more the Universe will show up to support you. ♥
Now, go do you, my friend.
So tell me, what’s one way you think you fall short in life, and what can you imagine yourself being to counteract it?
If you found this article useful, please share it! ♥♥♥
Want to make those new found feelings stick? Check out my post about pushing off.